1. Welcome to IonCraft! Play with us today! Minecraft multiplayer server address: play.ioncraft.org
    Have a question? Sign in to our forums today! Or, click here to read our Frequently Asked Questions page!

Moderator Application Instructions

Discussion in 'Moderator Applications' started by LeaderJ, Jun 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
This thread is more than 14 days old.
  1. LeaderJ

LeaderJ The Creator

• Staff / Owner
    • Super Moderator
    • Veteran
    Ratings:
    +1,730 / 17 / -4
    Faction:
    REN
    Towny:
    Megaton
    Minecraft Username:
    ColonelJdog
    Moderator Application Instructions
    Last Updated: January 1, 2015
    Being a Moderator is not an easy task. At times you may feel overwhelmed. People may be requesting your help 24/7 and you may be left with little time to play by yourself. You have to deal with rule breakers, flamers, constantly post punishment reports on the forums, and fulfill other requirements of the job. If you are ready for the task, then get ready to post an application!

The Requirements
    Before applying, you must read: The Moderator Guidelines (http://www.ioncraft.org/threads/146/) and the Ioncraft Rules (http://www.ioncraft.org/wiki/rules/).

Moderators should be able to handle high stress and must be extremely mature. Moderators must be good communicators as well.

Although age does not define maturity, I am going to limit applications to players over age 13. However, I will not ask for your age in the applications. If you sound like your 20 and your really 12, you might have a chance.

You must be able to handle power and responsibility to fulfill all of your duties wisely and swiftly.

Moderators are required to have Skype for offline communication. (1/1/15)

About "Changed" or "Redone" Applications
    July 7, 2013

About "Denied," "Pending," and "Accepted" Applications
    October 2, 2013

The Application
    After you've read everything mentioned above, please start a new thread in this forum and put your in-game username as the title. Then copy and paste the template below into the body of your post. Please answer the questions neatly and thoroughly. Applications using incorrect spelling and grammar will be immediately denied. Your application will be reviewed by the current staff, other players, and myself to decide whether you are capable of becoming a moderator. All moderator applications must be approved by LeaderJ.
    Thank you, and goodluck!

Last edited: Jan 1, 2015
    • Like Like x 13
  2. LeaderJ

LeaderJ The Creator

• Staff / Owner
    • Super Moderator
    • Veteran
    Ratings:
    +1,730 / 17 / -4
    Faction:
    REN
    Towny:
    Megaton
    Minecraft Username:
    ColonelJdog
    I've been noticing a trend in Moderator applications, and it's the fact that people are constantly re-posting their applications instead of editing their original posts. If you have to post a new application, this tells the current staff and myself that you probably weren't careful enough in your first edition, or you are trying to get attention. It's also a pain for us to sort out which application is active, and I have to go through and close the original one(s).

So a message to all future Moderator applicants: Spend a lot of time perfecting your application. Submitting a poorly written, un-thorough, misspelled, grammar error-filled application will not score points with us, and re-posting applications isn't any better.

Moderator is a big responsibility. It's not a fancy green title.

Thank you

• Like Like x 7
  3. LeaderJ

LeaderJ The Creator

• Staff / Owner
    • Super Moderator
    • Veteran
    Ratings:
    +1,730 / 17 / -4
    Faction:
    REN
    Towny:
    Megaton
    Minecraft Username:
    ColonelJdog
    October 2, 2013

Hello Ioncraft,

I've recently set up new thread prefixes within the Moderator Applications forum to easily identify which applications are currently pending, denied, or accepted. As a result, I would like to briefly talk about each status, as well as go into depth about why your application may have been denied.

Pending Applications
    If your moderator application has a yellow "Pending" thread prefix to the left of your thread title, then that means your application is still being reviewed, and an accepted or denied status has not been determined yet.

Denied Applications
    If your application has a red "denied" thread prefix, then sadly you did not make it past the application part of the becoming-a-Moderator process. This could be do to many reasons, such as the following:
    • Your application was full of misspelled words, and grammatical errors. This tells us that you are either unprofessional, too young, do not care enough to check your work, and/or a bad communicator.
    • Your application did not follow the correct format, as outlined in Moderator Application Instructions thread.
    • I simply don't know you yet. As a Moderator, I am entrusting you with authority and power in my server. If you just recently joined Ioncraft for the first time, then it is almost guaranteed to be too soon to apply. You should consider playing for a longer period of time and getting to know all of the regular players well before considering to apply for Moderator.
    If your application was denied, please do not apply again for at least another 4 weeks. Thank you and good luck next time!

Accepted Applications
    Congratulations! If your thread title receives a green "Accepted" thread prefix, then that means myself, the public, and a majority of our staff all approve of you potentially becoming the next moderator. An "Accepted" status does not indicate that you are now a moderator. It simply means that when the time comes, we may call on you to take on the enormous responsibility.

• Like Like x 1
  4. DirectEx10

DirectEx10 Ye olde Returneth

• Elite
    • Veteran
    Emeraldcast towers, Emeraldia, Ioncraftia
    Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    Faction:
    DIAM
    Towny:
    Emeraldia
    Minecraft Username:
    DirectX10
    This is nice...

• Like Like x 3
  5. MasterKilla

MasterKilla Legend

• Legend
    • Retired Staff
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Faction:
    BSU
    Minecraft Username:
    arceusthekiller
    I like the way you are handling the mod applications keep it going!

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
This thread is more than 14 days old.