1. Welcome to IonCraft! Play with us today! Minecraft multiplayer server address: play.ioncraft.org
    Have a question? Sign in to our forums today! Or, click here to read our Frequently Asked Questions page!

LeaderJ's More Free Ranks Idea

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by LeaderJ, Dec 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
This thread is more than 14 days old.
  1. LeaderJ

LeaderJ The Creator

• Staff / Owner
    • Super Moderator
    • Veteran
    Ratings:
    +1,734 / 17 / -4
    Faction:
    REN
    Relaxed Nation:
    Megaton
    Minecraft Username:
    ColonelJdog
    Hello everyone,

Currently, our only source of advertising comes from our MinecraftForum thread in the Creative Servers forum. This is why most new players who join the server seek to play creative mode. But, we are not just a creative server are we? There are other areas where we can advertise in, such as Survival and Minigames. But, the only way to effectively advertise in those forums is to get our threads constantly bumped to the top. This can only be accomplished if people post their usernames to get promoted.

Yesterday, I discovered how to make the command /citizen which allows an Outsider to see instructions on how to post and get Citizen. This opens up a myriad of opportunities. For example, say we opened a new advertisement thread in the Survival servers forum, and Minigame servers forum. Then, we broadcasted a repeated message saying (for example), "Do you have a free rank yet? Type /builder to get [Builder]! Type /survivor to get [Survivor]! Type /gamer to get [Gamer]!" Players would be able to choose which rank they want, with each command linking back to the different threads.

If this works, it would be amazing for our advertisement, since we would be able to attract a broad range of players, instead of just those coming for Creative, and then later converted to the other worlds.

Now, this leaves open another question. What colors and perks would each specific rank get? We have to consider that adding 2 new ranks (since we can just change current Citizens to Builders), would add more colors to the chat. I don't mind the idea of simply keeping all 3 free ranks the same color, such as &3. However, if you guys want different colors for each of the three ranks, let me know. As for perks, Builders would get an extra plot and access to WorldEdit in Smallplots. Actually, all free ranks (not including Outsider) will get access to WorldEdit in Smallplots. [Survivor] could possibly get access to a special kit. As for Gamers, who knows.

Anyways, I'd like to get this idea up and running as soon as possible. Any feedback would be appreciated! Thanks.

2. Rachitic

Rachitic Traveller

Ratings:
    +197 / 3 / -2
    Faction:
    PEPE
    Relaxed Nation:
    dink
    Minecraft Username:
    Rachitic
    As long as you don't make those ranks have a different colour of text from each other, I'd be okay with this. I don't want to see even more colours in the chat than what it's currently at right now.

• Like Like x 1
  3. SkeletarX

SkeletarX The Reaper

Ratings:
    +233 / 3 / -1
    Minecraft Username:
    SkeletarX
    Best
    Idea
    Ever

4. Elykius

Elykius Community Leader

• Staff / Owner
    • Staff / Admin
    • Contest Winner
    • Veteran
    • Architect Judge
    Ratings:
    +1,297 / 21 / -25
    Faction:
    PHT
    Relaxed Nation:
    United Kingdom of Aurum
    Minecraft Username:
    Elykius
    I think it's a great idea!
    [Builder]
    [
    Survivor]
    [
    Gamer]
    :D

5. Blockobama123

Blockobama123 International Chess Champion

Ratings:
    +206 / 0 / -1
    Faction:
    STRK
    Relaxed Nation:
    Frostaria
    Minecraft Username:
    HaradrimWarrior
    i would like to have this, but considering the builder is our citizen it seems kinda empty... yes they get another plot, but the requirement should have to be related to the rank (donators have to donate) (survivors have to survive some how(maybe join a faction/town)) (builders have to build) it would make more sense in my opinion to make gamers the default rank, since all of us here are gamers regardless of our preferences or skills. this is totally my opinion and if you disagree then everyone has the right to their opinion. as for colors i do not know what colors have been taken and which ones have not nor really any of them to be exact.

6. manako101

manako101 uguu~

Ratings:
    +98 / 1 / -0
    Faction:
    WHRU
    Minecraft Username:
    manako101
    probably ranks for minigames and recruiting

7. Jayden

Jayden Darth Valcor

Ratings:
    +411 / 2 / -1
    Faction:
    SPN
    Relaxed Nation:
    OrderOfTheSith
    Minecraft Username:
    JJmylescraft
    Keep them all thw Citizen color. The chat right now hurts my eyes o_o But lovin the idea

8. LeaderJ

LeaderJ The Creator

• Staff / Owner
    • Super Moderator
    • Veteran
    Ratings:
    +1,734 / 17 / -4
    Faction:
    REN
    Relaxed Nation:
    Megaton
    Minecraft Username:
    ColonelJdog
    Guys, I'm scrapping this idea. The Survival Servers forum is so packed, that one bump did not even get us one new player. Whereas, everytime someone posts for Citizen in the creative thread, we get about 10 new players. I won't advertise in minigames forum until we have a working hunger games minigame.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
This thread is more than 14 days old.